We offer many different e-commerce gateways in Event Wizard® when it comes to collecting fees from your registrants. However, some users prefer to use PayPal, so here’s a quick rundown on how to set it up in your event.
Enable PayPal as a Payment Option
The first step is to enable PayPal in your event’s payment process.
To do this, head to the orange section of your event task list and select “Edit your payment options and details”, as seen above.
On the page that opens up, you’ll notice the PayPal panel on the right side.
In the first box, enter the email address associated with your PayPal account. Then, under Item Name, enter something relevant to your event/fees. This will be the name that appears during the PayPal checkout process for this event.
Enable Instant Payment Notification (IPN)
While it’s not required to enable IPN, we strongly recommend doing so. If you don’t, you’ll end up having to manually check your PayPal transactions on a daily basis and manually flag each successful transaction as Paid in your Event Wizard® attendee database using the Event Wizard Reports. It is a huge time-saver, especially when it comes to higher transaction volume.
How to Enable IPN:
- Logon to your PayPal account
- Click on the Profile link under the My Account tab
- Click on the My Selling Tools link on the left side of the page
- Click the + beside Getting paid and managing my risk
- Click the Update link next to Instant payment notifications
- Select Receive IPN messages (Enabled) and enter the following URL in the text box provided:
- Click on the Save button to save your information
There are a few more steps on how to check your transactions and test your IPN integration, which we have compiled into a quick-reference PDF for your convenience.
As always, if you have any questions regarding PayPal integration or anything else in Event Wizard®, you know where to find us!