Date/Time: March 8, 2022
8:50 am - Remote Meeting Room admittance
9:00 am - 3:30 p.m. Event (PST)
- Staff and community partners who support school safety and critical incident related matters including:
- Principals, Vice Principals and individuals who play a role in site specific VTRA activation for their school/agency
- Educators and school administrators according to school/district needs
- Community partners who support threat risk assessment and violence prevention (e.g. RCMP, municipal police, child protection social worker, child and youth mental health worker)
*Note: This training includes challenging topics and subject matter that may be a contextual trigger for individuals who have recently been exposed to traumatic incidents in their personal/professional capacity.
This training does not align with the training offerings of the North American Centre for Threat Assessment and Trauma Response therefore will not be considered for the VTRA Train the Trainer Course.
This course is not a sufficent prerequisite for the Advanced DTA training.
- Provincial information sharing
- Composition of a VTRA team
- Definition of threat assessment
- Understanding and implementing the 3 stage VTRA model
- Key concepts of pathways to violence
- Using the MyEd BC VTRA field
- Understand the importance of establishing digital behavioural baselines
- Capturing and documenting social media information
- Understand why social media and technology is so important to school safety and effective student threat/risk assessments
- Complete online verification and authentication of images
- Effectively assess whether an individual poses a risk to a target based on information from the online world
- Case analysis
You will receive an email confirming registration.
A Zoom meeting invitation will be sent to you with a password to enter the virtual training room closer to the time of the event.
Your personal information (name and contact information) is being collected by the Ministry of Education through the Event Wizard scheduling tool in accordance with section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) solely for the purpose of managing your registration and attendance at this event hosted by Safer Schools Together. Registration through Event Wizard is voluntary. Please be aware that IP addresses, event responses and personal email addresses will be collected by Event Wizard, and this information will be temporarily stored by Event Wizard, whose servers are located in Canada. By submitting your registration, you are consenting to your personal information being stored temporarily within the Event Wizard tool. Your consent is effective as soon as you register. Your personal information will be removed as soon as reasonably possible.
If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact the Student Safety Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please choose at least one fee before continuing