Q. Who is an OTF member?
You are an OTF member if you are a dues-paying member (in any of these membership categories: teacher, Educational Assistant or Early Childhood Educator) of any of OTF's four Affiliates: AEFO, ETFO, OECTA and OSSTF.
Q. I didn’t see my Affiliate listed when I attempted to register. What does this mean?
If your Affiliate is not listed, then the maximum number of registrants for your Affiliate has been reached. Please send us an email
to be added to the waiting list. All teachers who have requested to be on the waiting list will be contacted ONLY
if a space becomes available.
Q. Is this conference offered in both English and French?
Due to the nature of this conference, presentations will only be offered in English. Some sessions will include resources in both English and French.
Q. Can I register for only part of the conference?
No. Participation is expected for both days of the conference. Please do not register if you are unable to commit to both days.
Q. What does my registration include?
Your $50 registration includes:
- Two-day conference registration, including all plenary and workshop sessions.
- On-site meals: Friday: buffet lunch and break; Saturday: buffet breakfast, buffet lunch, break. Up to a maximum of $40 is offered for dinner on Friday evening as long as receipts are included.
- One night of single occupancy accommodation for registrants who require it. Please note that since participants have the entire morning to travel to the conference location, OTF will not cover accommodation costs in addition to the Friday evening. No exceptions.
- One day of release time to attend the conference on Friday, see below for more details (provisions in effect)
- Onsite Parking
- A travel subsidy to offset the costs of transportation according (see below for further details).
- Note: Your $50 registration fee includes HST and will be refunded after successful completion of the conference provided you sign in and attend each day of the conference, please submit an expense form after the conference in order to obtain the travel subsidy and registration fee reimbursement.
Q. How does the Travel Subsidy work?
The travel subsidy will be allocated to participants based on the matrix below. The matrix is based on the most economical and direct one-way distance between the venue and your home which we will verify using a mapping website. It is NOT based on the number of kilometres travelled over the course of the conference. For example, if your address shows as being 61km from the address of the venue, you fall in the 0-100 km category and will receive $50 to help offset your travel costs. If you live 289 km from the venue, then you will receive $100.00. Amounts will be distributed as follows:
- 0 - 100km = $50.00
- 101 - 200km = $75.00
- 201 - 300km = $100.00
- 301 - 400km = $150.00
- Over 400km = 50% of the cost of the most economical and direct method of travel or $150.00, which ever is greater. Air travel must be approved in advance and original receipts must be provided.
Expense forms will be provided at the conference and must be submitted for you to request the travel subsidy.
Q. How do I request Release Time?
OTF will cover up to a maximum of one (1) day of release time on Friday, November 3, 2017, for participants to attend the "It Still All Adds Up" Financial Literacy conference. Participants must indicate that they need release time during the registration process and must also email a completed release request form to OTF no later than October 11, 2017, so that OTF may email a release request letter to your Board. A copy of the letter is also emailed to the school principal and to the participant.
The onus is on the member to initiate the release request process and if you do not complete the form in full, then no action will be taken on your behalf (incomplete or late forms will not be processed). This may, in turn, cause your attendance at the conference to be in jeopardy. We suggest that you speak with your school administration (if applicable) about attending the conference before completing registration. You will register first then submit your release request form electronically, per our instructions. Please call the OTF office if you need more information regarding this process. Click below to download the "Request for Release Time form".
Q. How much is parking?
Parking is complimentary for conference attendees on the hotel lots. If you are staying overnight in the hotel, parking charges will be billed directly to OTF's hotel account. Participants who drive in each day will need to provide their vehicle information on a daily parking sheet maintained by the OTF staff at the conference registration table.
Q. Will I get a receipt?
Yes, a receipt will be emailed to you after your registration is complete. Registration is not complete until payment is processed. Please remember to check your junkmail.
Q. Can I change my breakout session selection?
Yes, if there is still space, you may change your breakout selection. The registration confirmation you received by email provides a link to update your registration information and breakout choices.
Q. Is there a cancellation policy?
Participants who cancel more than 2 weeks from the conference date will be reimbursed their registration fee, less a $10 processing fee. There are no refunds for cancellations less than two weeks from the conference date. Participants are responsible for the cost of the room in the event of a "no-show" or failing to cancel within 48 hours of check-in.
Q. Can I pay by cash or cheque?
No. All registrations must go through our on-line registration system which requires payment by credit card.
Q. Is there internet service included in my room?
Internet service is complimentary in all hotel rooms.
Q. What should I bring? (not required but still great to have on hand)
1. laptop (Windows or Macintosh) Notes:
- It's a good idea to bring a computer on which you have Administrator rights. Your best bet is your own personal laptop. A Board laptop is often locked so you can’t add software or other updates. (If you don’t have your own laptop, don’t worry! Bring what you can. We’ll make the best of it!)
- power supply for that computer. Make sure your computer is FULLY charged at the beginning of each day.
2. tablet if you have one (iPad, Android, etc.) and charger
3. flash drive (memory key) - if you have one.