Please check back frequently. More information will be added as it
WELCOME TO THE OTF CONFERENCE WEBSITE FOR:
IT ALL ADDS UP
MAKING MORE THAN ¢ENTS OUT OF FINANCIAL LITERACY
November 25-26, 2016
Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel,
33 Carlson Court, Toronto, ON
The Ontario Teachers’ Federation (OTF), with support from the Ministry of Education, presents a professional learning event for teachers looking to explore creative, authentic ways to make financial literacy come alive in the classroom!
This two-day conference, hosted during Financial Literacy Month, is designed for teachers who wish to learn more about how to infuse financial literacy into their programs. Teachers of grades 4-12, across an array of subject areas, will have opportunities to learn about, and explore a host of strategies and resources to build their financial education toolkit.
The conference will open the evening of Friday, November 25 with an engaging keynote address featuring James Cunningham of Funny Money, a presentation-based approach to empowering students with the knowledge they need to make good financial choices. The program on Saturday, November 26 will open with a keynote address by Jane Rooney, Canada’s Financial Literacy Leader, which will contextualize financial literacy in Canada and showcase resources available for teachers.
Conference attendees will also be able to select from nine scheduled break-out sessions which will delve more deeply into practical classroom strategies and resources to support their students in developing effective financial literacy habits and skills. These sessions will include:
- Building a Financial Learning Toolkit: Your Journey Begins Here
- Canadian Money: The New Frontier
- Developing Financial Capability in Students: A Resource Toolkit for Educators
- Financial Literacy for Secondary Students
- Financial Literacy: What’s New from the Ministry of Education
- Finding Social Justice in Financial Literacy
- From Rags to Riches! Financial Literacy Through Games-Based Learning
- Integrating Financial Literacy in the Business Studies and Family Studies Classrooms
- Making Finance Meaningful: Integrating Financial Literacy into the Elementary Classroom
|Join colleagues from across the province in a safe, nurturing learning environment that provides you with the opportunity to connect with peers and mentors, grow in your own knowledge in ways that will further inspire your students - and you - to take financial learning deeper and further!