Q. Who is an OTF member?
An OTF member is an active teacher and a dues-paying member of one of the four Affiliates – AEFO, ETFO, OECTA, OSSTF.
Q. I didn’t see my Affiliate listed when I attempted to register. What does this mean?
If your Affiliate is not listed, then the maximum number of registrants for your Affiliate has been reached. Please send us an email
to be added to the waiting list. All teachers who have requested to be on the waiting list will be contacted if there are spaces available.
Q. Is this conference offered in both English and French?
Due to the nature of this conference, presentations will only be offered in English.
Q. Can I register for only part of the conference?
No. Participation is expected for both days of the conference. Please do not register if you are unable to commit to both days.
Q. What does my registration include?
Your $50 registration includes:
- Two-day conference registration, including all plenary and workshop sessions.
- On-site meals: Friday: dinner; Saturday: breakfast, lunch, breaks;
- One night of single occupancy accommodation for registrants who require it.
- Onsite Parking
- A travel subsidy to offset the costs of transportation according (see below for further details).
- Note: Your $50 registration fee includes HST and will be refunded after successful completion of the conference, please submit an expense form after the conference in order to obtain the travel subsidy and registration fee reimbursement.
Q. How does the travel subsidy work?
The travel subsidy will be allocated to successful attendees based on the matrix below. The matrix is based on the distance between the venue and your home. It is not based on the number of kilometres travelled over the course of the conference. For example, if your address shows as being 61km from the address of the venue, you fall in the 0-100km category and will receive $50 to help offset your travel costs. If you live 289 km from the venue, then you will receive $100.00. Amounts will be distributed as follows:
- 0 - 100km = $50.00
- 101 - 200km = $75.00
- 201 - 300km = $100.00
- 301 - 400km = $150.00
- Over 400km = half the cost of the most economical method of trave or $150.00 which ever is greater. Original receipts must be provide
Expense forms will be provided at the conference for you to request the travel subsidy.
Q. Will I get a receipt?
Yes, a receipt will be emailed to you after your registration is complete. Registration is not complete until payment is processed.
Q. Can I change my breakout session selection?
Yes, if there is still space, you may change your breakout selection. The registration confirmation you received by email provides a link to update your registration information and breakout choices.
Q. Is there a cancellation policy?
Yes. Cancellations more than 3 weeks from the conference date will be reimbursed their registration fee, less a $10 processing fee. There are no refunds for cancellations less than three weeks from the conference date. Participants are responsible for the cost of the room in the event of a "no-show" or failing to cancel within 48 hours of check-in.
Q. Can I pay by cash or cheque?
No. All registrations must go through our on-line registration system which requires payment by credit card.
Q. Is there internet service included in my room?
Internet service is complimentary in your hotel room.
Q. What should I bring? (not required but still great to have on hand)
1. laptop (Windows or Macintosh) Notes:
- It's a good idea to bring a computer on which you have Administrator rights. Your best bet is your own personal laptop. A Board laptop is often locked so you can’t add software or other updates. (If you don’t have your own laptop, don’t worry! Bring what you can. We’ll make the best of it!)
- power supply for that computer. Make sure your computer is FULLY charged at the beginning of each day.
2. tablet if you have one (iPad, Android, etc.) and charger
3. flash drive (memory key) - if you have one.