- Date: October 18, 2019
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Training: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Vancouver School Board
Room 180-1580 West Broadway
- Intended Participants: Everyone and anyone who connects with students in a school environment (e.g. Teachers, counsellors, educational assistants, bus drivers etc.)
- Identify relevant topics in school codes of conduct
- Assess and improve school climate and culture through:
- Ensuring a baseline of data regarding school safety
- Proper documentation of incidences, interventions and preventative activities
- Identify appropriate actions to promote school connectedness with students, staff, parents and community partners
- Use criteria to select appropriate programs for prevention, promotion, and intervention
- Role and personal responsibility to promote inclusiveness and acknowledge diversity
- Identify and apply effective strategies and interventions to address mean behaviour, peer conflict and all forms of bullying
- Perform violence potential assessments in our schools
- Understand the role that social media and technology play in the lives of students
- Identify the current most popular social media platforms that students are using
- Identify and apply strategies to promote positive mental health and well-being and to ensure a trauma informed classroom environment
You will receive an email confirming registration.
*Please choose at least one fee before continuing