VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AND DUTIES
To apply as a volunteer for the CanWEA 2014 Conference and Exhibition, please complete the on-line form located at the tab Volunteer Application Form
Volunteers working for a half day (a minimum of 4 hours) will benefit from a free half day admission to the Conference sessions and Exhibition. The admission date must be the same date that the volunteer has worked for CanWEA except in the case of Monday. These persons may request a ½ day admission for either of Tuesday or Wednesday. Please note that by volunteering for a full day (minimum of 8 hours), volunteers will be provided with a free day admission to the Conference sessions and Exhibition. Shifts from various assignments can be combined to achieve a half day or a full day of volunteering. The applicant must indicate to the Manager of Volunteers which date he or she will attend the Conference as a participant.
Coffee breaks and lunch are provided during scheduled shifts.
Admission will not be provided to those volunteers wishing to work for a few hours.
Palais des congrès, 159 St Antoine St W, Montreal, QC H2Z 1H2
SESSION ROOM MONITORS
- Policing the entrance to session rooms, allowing admittance only to registered Conference participants
- Distribution of sponsor material prior to start of session
- Scanning delegate badges as they enter the room
- Put question cards on tables and collect question cards from audience and delivering to session moderator (Tuesday and Wednesday – concurrent sessions only)
- Attending each session in the room to monitor the comfort of the delegates re: too hot, too cool etc. and to notify the volunteer coordinator if the temperature needs adjusting