December 2, 2019
Registration: 8:30 a.m.
Course is from: 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Traditional Learning Academy
103-17688 66th Avenue
- Participants: Staff and community partners who support school safety and critical incident related matters including:
- Principals, Vice Principals and individuals who play a role in site specific VTRA activation for their school/agency
- Educators and school administrators according to school/district needs
- Community partners who support threat risk assessment and violence prevention (e.g. RCMP, municipal police, child protection social worker, child and youth mental health workers)
- Note: This training includes challenging topics and subject matter that may be a contextual trigger for individuals who have recently been exposed to traumatic incidents in their personal/professional capacity.
- Understand why social media and technology is so important to school safety and effective student threat/risk assessments
- Have a thorough understanding of each social media platform and student technology trend: use, misuse and associated risks
- Understand how to complete basic data collection from social media platforms
- Capturing and documenting social media evidence
- Complete online verification and authentication of images
- Effectively assess whether an individual poses a risk to a target based on information from the online world
- Identify strategies on how to respond to cyberbullying and online hate
- Best practices for online navigation and ensuring privacy safeguards
You will receive an email confirming registration.
*Please choose at least one fee before continuing