January 29, 2020
Registration: 8:30 am
9:00am - 4:00 pm Event
Henry Grube Education Centre
245 Kitchener Crescent
Please note: Please ensure to bring a laptop to this training session - tablets are not sufficient for the level of training required.
- Participants: Staff and community partners who support school safety and critical incident related matters including:
- Principals, Vice Principals and individuals who play a role in site specific VTRA activation for their school/agency
- Educators and school administrators according to school/district needs
- Community partners who support threat risk assessment and violence prevention (e.g. RCMP, municipal police, child protection social worker, child and youth mental health worker)
- Note: This training includes challenging topics and subject matter, some participants may respond by reflecting on their own personal or professional trauma experiences.
- Describe the current state of affairs in social media from a safe schools perspective, including the impact of technology on student wellness
- Identify the use, misuse, and associated risk of social media platforms for students
- Describe how internet privacy settings work and how to support students in understanding and updating privacy settings
- Use the internet to complete detailed online searches
- Describe Twitter functionality and its use to support online threat assessment
- Leverage the school network infrastructure locally used devices to complete
- Describe the advanced internet subcultures and the issues associated with each
- Apply advanced online search techniques to identify safety concerns
You will receive an email confirming registration.
*Please choose at least one fee before continuing